Quote for the week
"When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch."
~ Anonymous ~
We are proud to announce our newest technology in the office, the Activator V. The fifth generation chiropractic adjusting instrument was just released. It is the first FDA approved, electric, cordless percussion adjusting instrument. After seven years of research and clinical investigation, the instrument delivers a new force wave that will help maximize patient comfort and treatment effectiveness.
Expect to see it at your next visit with us!
As 2013 moves along, remember these things as strategy for staying well. Stress, poor diet, and lack of exercise are some examples of neglect. This year we encourage you to be more proactive about your health and to implement preventive strategies. Here are some things to consider:
1. Stress includes many forms. Whether it’s mental, emotional, physical or chemical, each one can be detrimental to your health. In fact, stress is the number one cause of spinal misalignment.
2. As stress increases, immunity decreases. Think about boosting your immunity while minimizing your stress and the perception of it.
3. More and more research is demonstrating the connection between the nervous system and immunity. A newer field in healthcare research is psychoneuroimmunology, which is the study of how the mind, nervous system and immune system are interdependent. As chiropractic adjustments enhance nervous system function, so follows immune function. Keep up with your adjustments!
4. Supplementation (vitamins and minerals) can assist a good diet. While supplements never replace the need for quality food and its nutrients, they can be supportive. This applies even more during the Holidays. We do carry a full line of supplements from Metagenics that can assist. Consider Immucore, Ultrapotent C-1000, Vitamin D3 1000 and Echinacea Synergy.
5. Don't forget your kids. With intentions of celebration, we often give in and let them overindulge in sweets, neglect exercise, and miss out on valuable sleep time. Remember that they can just as easily get run down. Juicy Fruit C is a chewable Vitamin C that can support their immune systems.
6. Focus on increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables. The minimum recommendation by the USDA is 5 servings. In order to promote health and decrease chronic disease, the recommendation is between 7 and 13! We do carry Greens First, a whole food greens supplement that has the raw food equivalent of 10+ servings of fruits and vegetables.
7. Stay active in exercise throughout the rest of the year and don't wait until January 1st. Consistency and routine always win over time.
8. Don't forget sunlight. Even though it's cold and grey, keep yourself exposed to the sun everyday to maintain your natural body rhythms and stimulate the natural production of Vitamin D.
9. If you do have a period of time off from work, make the most of it. Rest up, get some sleep, and avoid trying to cram too much in before heading back.
10. Lastly, focus your attention on fostering relationships, not things!
Conservative Care More Effective than Medication for Neck Pain
Published in the Jan 3, 2012 issue of the Annals of Internal Medicine, chiropractic adjustments were found to be more effective than medication for the care of neck pain. Researchers evaluated the use of chiropractic, exercise and medication as it relates to acute and subacute neck pain. Physician guided medication included pain relievers, narcotics and muscle relaxers. Chiropractic adjustments were provided in one study group and home care exercises in another. Both chiropractic and exercise were ultimately superior. Ann Intern Med. 2012;156:1-10.