I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you some feedback regarding my association with Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic. Please bear with me as I offer a little background information so you will better understand my perspective.
Professionally I had the opportunity to work with physicians and other medical professionals most of my adult life. In doing so, I met some outstanding, caring physicians and other medical professionals as well as some that, shall we say, were not so outstanding.
I have also had chronic back and neck pain most of my adult life resulting from an injury while working during college. As a result I have tried physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, traditional physicians and medications, anything to avoid surgery. Over the years I had several “recommendations” for surgical intervention but as I told you during one of our meetings, surgery is the very last resort for me for all the reasons you already know.
The purpose of this letter is to express my appreciation and thanks to you and your colleagues for the manner in which you conduct business. To say I have been impressed would be an understatement. I have never been more impressed with any healthcare team I have encountered.
Examples of your practice excellence include:
1. The professional, caring manner in which you and all your colleagues there approach each patient.
2. The fact that you spend time answering questions and educating the patient.
3. The fact that you state up front that you might not be able to “fix everything.” How refreshing not to hear (without any tests I might add: that you can fix anything. That statement by itself increased my confidence level in your group.)
4. The fact that when I arrived Terrie, Alexis and the other people up front greet you by name and know something about you. Awesome! I don’t know everyone’s name yet and I am sure I have left someone out. Suffice it say I have met NO ONE in your group that did not impress me.
5. Your “investment” for today… What a little thing but what a huge meaning. When I first heard that I laughed and thought that was a way to say “bill.” But the more I thought about it the more I realize that it is in fact an investment in my health and makes me more inclined to do the things I need to do at home with Chad to keep moving forward or maintaining progress.
6. The fact that you respect your patients enough to actually keep a close time on appointments so we don’t wait in the waiting room 30 minutes after the appointment time.
7. The fact that you always greet me with a smile and genuine concern.
8. The fact that when you say you will call my home to discuss something you actually do! Awesome!
9. The fact that your people seem happy. What a refreshing situation to go into a business where people seem to enjoy their jobs.
All too often we are quick to criticize when things happen we don’t like. But we often don’t express our appreciation when we get good service, care, etc. So I wanted to say thank you to you and your group for the manner you conduct business, your caring staff and the professional, caring approach. I don’t know where I will ultimately end up with my back/neck situation but I feel confident that I am in good hands and have finally found a home for chiropractic care.